425 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Tel: 1-212-754-9400 ext. 415, 328
Alex Spizz Partner
Alex Spizz chairs the Firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group and is Co-Chairman of the Firm’s Corporate Restructuring, Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights Group. Mr. Spizz concentrates in the area of bankruptcy law, corporate restructuring, debtor/creditor rights, and bankruptcy related litigation. A significant part of his practice deals with advising financially troubled companies. During Mr. Spizz’s 30 years of practice in the bankruptcy area, he has represented a broad range of debtors and creditors, both in the private and public sector. He has represented clients in retail, manufacturing, real estate, healthcare and telecommunications. Mr. Spizz has earned an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and has been named one of the top attorneys in the New York Metropolitan area for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2013. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Spizz served as an Assistant District Attorney with the Kings County District Attorney’s Office from 1973 – 1976.
- New York State
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York
- United States Tax Court
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
- Pace University- B.B.A.
- New York State Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- The American Bankruptcy Institute