425 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Tel: 1-212-754-9400 ext. 226
Jill L. Makower Counsel
Jill Makower is Counsel to the Firm and a member of the Firm’s Corporate Restructuring, Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights Group since 2001. Ms. Makower concentrates her practice in corporate reorganization and bankruptcy litigation, and has represented Chapter 11 debtors, creditors and bankruptcy trustees in a multitude of businesses. Ms. Makower is experienced in all facets of Chapter 11 proceedings including implementation of debtor-in-possession financing and cash collateral agreements, asset sales, formulation of Chapter 11 plans, drafting of disclosure statements and plans, Rule 2004 investigations, prosecuting and defending avoidance litigation, claims litigation, executory contract and unexpired lease litigation and confirmation litigation.
- New York State
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D. (Hofstra Law Review, Research Editor)
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A.
Selected Published Decisions
- In re AJ Contracting Company, Inc., 300 B.R. 182 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2003)
- Gasser v. Infanti International, Inc., 2008 WL 2323367 (E.D.N.Y. 2008)