425 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Tel: 1-212-754-9400 ext. 433
Wesley Chen Partner
Mr. Chen is a member of the Firm’s Banking and Financial Institutions Practice Group. For over thirty years, Mr. Chen has represented domestic and foreign institutions, commercial enterprises and government agencies in corporate governance, regulatory, compliance and transactional matters. Mr. Chen provides counsel and advice on strategic planning and developing and implementing critical policies, procedures and practices to monitor and mitigate corporate, business operation, compliance and transactional risks. In the transactional area of his practice, he represents private, public and state owned/controlled financial institutional clients in a wide range of syndicated and bi-lateral domestic and international commercial loan and credit transactions including structuring and closing commercial mortgage loans, construction and development loans, asset-based loans, factoring and refactoring facilities, supply chain financing and international trade finance facilities. He also handles loan restructuring and work-outs and assists clients to manage commercial litigation. Given the range and depth of his experiences, Mr. Chen is able to offer critical regulatory and compliance insight to financial institutions engaging the firm in transactional matters, workouts and litigation. Mr. Chen also represents foreign and domestic investors in the acquisition and disposition of businesses, real estate and other assets. Mr. Chen has served on the boards of various corporations, institutions and not-for-profit organizations over the past thirty years and was a Public Member of the New York State Banking Board from 1992-2011, pursuant to appointment by four New York State Governors.
- New York State
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
- New York Law School, J.D.
- New York University, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association (Banking Law Committee; Committee on Legislative Policy)
- New York County Lawyers Association (Banking Law Committee)
Board Membership and Public Services
- Public Member: New York State Banking Board (1992-Present)
- Legal Counsel: The Chinese Chamber of Commerce of New York (1982-Present)
- Director/Trustee: Has served on the Boards of various corporations, institutions and not-for-profit organizations (including MFY Legal Services, Homecrest Community Services and Union Church of Pocantico Hills) during the past thirty years.
- AV Rating: Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Biographical Listing: Marquis Who’s Who in America; Who's Who in American Law